WordPress database error: [Duplicate entry '8388607' for key 'id']
INSERT INTO `wp_et_bloom_stats` (`record_date`, `optin_id`, `record_type`, `page_id`, `list_id`, `ip_address`, `removed_flag`) VALUES ('2021-01-18 16:49:57', 'optin_0', 'imp', 42426, 'mailchimp_b7c874c605', '188.8.131.52', 0)
Listen to this article now
There are several eyewear trends rocking the stage right now.
When trendy and paired well, eyeglasses become a powerful fashion statement.
In this article, I am going to share with you the best 8 eyewear trends of 2020, and how you can match them.
I’ll also use eight celebrities and their eyewear styles, as examples to guide you.
Finally, as sustainability is a big thing right now, I’ll share five sustainable eyewear brands that are trendy right now.
Best Eyewear Trends Right of 2020
Before I show you what type of eyeglasses are in style now, there’s something I have yo share with you.
It does not matter how trendy a particular eyewear style is right now, if it does not suit you.
Eyewear trends must always be assessed according to:
The OCCASION you’re attending.
The STYLE you’re going to wear.
Last but not least, the MOOD you’re trying to convey.
In this light, here are the 8 most popular eyewear trends of 2020.
1. Oversized Opticals
Big is beautiful!
This granny-looking silhouette assumes thick proportions that add nowness to your wardrobe in an effortless manner.
- Occasion: School, University, library, anything that needs an amplification of your activity.
- Style: As the frame creates that geeky look, it is appropriate to match it with office looks. A white shirt with sleeves rolled up will do wonders…
- Mood: intense, focused, work, or study ready.
If you choose oversized, remember that it comes in unapologetic geometric shapes and shades.
2. Transparent Boldness
Transparent eyewear is the smartest and most discreet way to make a fashion statement fast.
- Occasion: Casual, day-time date, or a stylish meeting.
- Style: For best results, tone down all other items of your ensemble, so your intention stays clear!
- Mood: Simple but smart and trendy.
The see-through eyewear trend is leading with well-established designers since the end of last year.
3. Rectangular Eyewear
Rectangular style is one of the most dominant eyewear trends of 2020.
The Matrix-reminiscent shape is an excellent choice for those seeking to look sleek.
- Occasion: Shopping in the city or beach day.
- Style: A Matrix-reminiscent shape that enhances the sleek look so opt for pulled back hair for a complete futuristic impact.
- Mood: futuristic, ultra-modern, confident.
To be paired with pulled back long hair, for a maximised futuristic impact.
4. Light-Metal Minimalism
Regardless of going for gold, gunmetal grey, or silver, the emphasis here is to go for frames that are as thin as possible.
- Occasion: Office day, movie date, or for running errands.
- Style: This delicate take will provide a touch of sophistication while giving room for other accessories to shine, think hats!
- Mood: intellectual, clean, and focused.
The ‘light-metal’ minimalism has a delicate feel that provides a touch of sophistication to your look.
Moreover, it gives room to other accessories to shine; think watches, hats, and handbags!
5. Rimless Visage
The classic frameless glasses are making a great comeback.
This year, reinvented in innovative shapes and even embellished sparkle.
Moreover, according to ‘Shutterstock Color Trends’ report:
“bold, saturated hues are on their way to fame in 2020,“
So, bright colours are the rage right now.
- Occasion: Hanging by the pool or Sunday brunch.
- Style: Non-conformist casual look.
- Mood: extravagant, daring, and playful.
Go for rimless visage if you want to refresh your look by throwing a splash of colour or a dash of bling.
6. Roundup Eyewear
The roundup is one of those celebrity-inspired eyewear trends.
To be more precise, roundup eyewear is a forever John Lennon-inspired style.
It circles your face and style with chilled and peaceful vibes.
- Occasion: Weekend chill, road trip, or creative meeting.
- Style: Retro glam, hippie, with a dash of intellectual self.
- Mood: Free-spirited, relaxed, open-minded.
This style of eyewear can be easily paired with casual tops and shorts.
7. Vintage Cat Eye Eyewear
Unafraid and ultra-feminine, the ‘Cat Eye’ style brings attention to your cheekbones.
It is a style that carries the right amount of nostalgia in a sweet, daring way.
- Occasion: Art gallery opening or posh garden party.
- Style: A retro staple that guarantees contemporary charm, especially if you throw a scarf around your neck and embody the Grace Kelly kind of class.
- Mood: Cultural, posh, nostalgic, and lady-like.
In 2020, these wing-like shape glasses come slightly oversized.
And, as this year’s trend is ‘bold’, you better choose them in wild colours and prints.
8. Aviators Reworked
Made popular again by Khloe Kardashians, this classic favourite surprises in 2020 with detailed metalwork and tinted lenses.
- Occasion: Boat activities, motorcycle ride, casually driving your sports car.
- Style: Cool white shirt, blue or black jeans, and a vegan leather biker’s jacket!
- Mood: Unfazed, androgynous, adventurous.
Aviators remain the safest option when you’re looking to blend traditional celebrity looks with a modern and sporty feel.
All Eyes On Celebrities
“Sunglasses are like eye shadow: They make everything look younger and pretty.” – Karl Lagerfeld
Either to shield from paparazzi or to add a mysterious glamour to their public appearances, celebs are always the first to rock the latest eyewear trends.
To exemplify the trendy eyewear styles of 2020, I’ve gathered 8 celebrities and the spectacles they are wearing right now.
2. Dua Lipa
3. Bella Hadid
5. Shay Mitchel
6. Khloe Kardashian
7. Megan Markle
8. Jennifer Lawrence
Sustainable Eyewear Brands
Remember that your fashion choices will always showcase the values you stand for.
Your eyewear is also part of your look so right now, make sure you choose sustainable eyewear brands.
According to a Unilever report, sustainability is trendy right now
“…a third of consumers prefer sustainable brands,“
With this in mind, here are the most ‘mindful’ eyewear brands right now.
These brands are loved for their fashionable looks, sustainable materials, and excellent value.
1. Pala Eyewear
PALA is on a mission is to end poverty, protect the planet, and enable all people to enjoy peace and prosperity.
For every pair of sunglasses sold, Pala gives back to eye care programmes in Africa.
To date, thousands of sight-impaired people have had their lives changed after receiving a pair of prescription glasses, in Burkina Faso, Zambia, Ghana, Sierra Leone and Ethiopia.
To Neubau, the environment and high-quality design are top priorities of equal value.
The brand’s ‘cosmopolitan’ creations are made from plant-based (castor oil) and other natural materials such as naturalPX and natural3D.
The styles reflect a sense of modernity inspired in the best from the past.
3. Dick Moby
Dick Moby designs reflect a consciously stylish approach to fashion.
The brand designs trendy eyewear out of both recycled and biodegradable materials.
Waterhaul makes amazing eyewear and sunglasses for ocean adventurers.
The glasses are made of recycled fishing nets (100%) and carry a lifetime warranty!
Monokel is another sustainable eyewear brand that makes trendy eyewear.
The brand’s unisex styles for the urban fashionista are made from plant-based and recycled acetate.
Now it’s your turn…
What is your favourite eyewear trend in 2020?
Is there any other sustainable eyewear brand you would like us to cover?
Would love to hear your thought and comments below!
WTVOX – ‘Voicing the Future of Fashion’
For similar content and lightning-quick news delivered directly to your inbox subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Finally, if you want to interact with thousands like you, join your tribe on the Future of Fashion Group.